Monday, April 16, 2012

"That's SO American"

New volunteers have started today.  I'm horrible with names but I'll eventually learn them.  There are two girls from southern Australia, a couple from Scotland and a guy from New Zealand.  I can feel the girls sniffing fresh meat.  I'll sit back and enjoy this show.

Tonight is the welcome dinner and I'm ready for some beers and Cambodian conversation.  I already joked with the two Cambodian project directors about getting drunk like last time.  They are so shy but they had big smiles and said yes.  So tonight should be interesting.  I think I'll wear a skirt and tube top and show off my pussy.......cat tattoo on my back.  This will be my last welcome dinner and I plan on making the most of it.

The stereotype people have about Americans is kind of sad but sometimes hilarious.  I have been told I have a very "California" accent.The other day, when I asked if people were excited for the Avengers movie coming out, Nuno said, "That's so American."  Well, if liking action movies with buff hotties is American.... then yes, I'm VERY American.  Having so many cultures in one house, makes for lots of excitement and it makes me want to travel more.  I feel like I've barely touched the tip of the travel iceberg.

Work was intense this morning.  Lot's of crying and hitting.  Van Hon decided I was the devil for making him clean up so he punched, slapped and kicked me.  I set him on his bed and told him to stop.  Of course he kept screaming and continued to hit.  When a Cambodian woman lookes over, he pointed at me as if I did something bad.  She smiled at me, walked over and spanked him.  Not my first choice but it wasn't my place to say something. 

My roommate Louise, who works with me decided not to go back to work this afternoon.  Hopefully the kids act civil for me since I will be by myself.  And hopefully Louise enjoys herself at the pool while I work...  I can't complain too much because I stayed home a couple days when I was sick.  It all evens out.

I have about 40 minutes left until lunch is over.  Definitely time to take a nap and rest up for the kiddies.  I wonder if I will get beat up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment