Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Pizza with a not so Happy Ending

Ready to come home.

Tonight was great until the end.  A huge group of us went for happy pizza (really weak but good pizza) and then played pool.  Afterward, I went to negotiate a  couple of tuk tuk drivers for us to get home.  We had these two sleezey ones that wanted too much money.  I wanted to walk away but the group was tired and didnt feel like bartering.  So i went in the tuk tuks because i didnt want to break from the group.

On our ride home, the mood got weird and things didnt seem right.  The guy was swerving and taking us the wrong way.  He wasnt following the other tuk tuk.  We asked him to stop and he laughed and said, "No."  We kept asking him and we made up a story about leaving a friend behind.Finally he stopped when we said we would give him lots of money.

We threw a 10 at him (lots of money to him) and ran to the only open shop on a deserted block.  Thankfully a woman there spoke English and called a taxi for us. 
I'm home now but a little freaked out.I'm ready to come home and I'm glad it's only a week left.

I hate having to look over my shoulder all the time and worry about everything.  Seriously, Cambodia, it's a love/hate relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment