Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ready for the weekend

I worked my bum off this week.  I'm soooo ready for my long birthday weekend.  Today, Shylee decided to pee in a plastic cup and drink it...  Now I know why the Cambodian workers do not allow her to have cups.  So yeah...  I'm spent and need a weekend of rest and relaxation.

Our project manager warned us not to travel to Sihanoukville this Friday because there is going to be massive storms.  But, it's my birthday, dammit!  I'm going to the beach no matter the state of weather.

Nikki and I had planned on going to Koh Rong Island.  However, we didn't want to be stuck in our bungalows all weekend so our island getaway will be postponed until next week.  Instead, we booked a hotel on Serrndipity beach.  Our plan is to go crazy on my birthday night.  According to other volunteers, Serendipity beach is supposed to be, "wild."  Night swimming in the ocean is high on my list of things to do...and I wouldn't mind meeting a hot Aussie!  ;)

In other news, my legs look like they've got red dots painted all over them.  I've got some pretty mean-looking bites.  The mosquitos here are really sneaky.  I hate them.  So, WHEN I meet my hot Aussie at the beach this weekend, I hope my blood-sucked limbs don't make him cringe.  AND hopefully he doesn't notice my swollen right foot.  It's almost cankle status.  Other than all my hideous abnormalities, I'm literally hot as hell! 

Woo!  Birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment