Saturday, April 21, 2012

A girl who needs to get her "tough" back

I don't like to think I'm being a weenie, I like to think I'm being smart.  But as I rode the tuk tuk home tonight with a knife in hand, I felt like a weenie.  Nikki (fully recovered from her incident) told me she wants me to get my tough back.  Although, after everything, I honestly don't think that's going to happen.  I'm not shutting myself in.  I still go out at night but I'm a lot more aware and a bit more paranoid.

My last weekend has been spent in Phnom Penh.  The house is quiet with most volunteers traveling.  It's actually pleasant with a hint of spooky at night.  Today, Nikki and I walked, shopped, tuk tuked, shopped, ate and talked.  After a rigorous girl's day, we continued with seeing Titanic in 3D.  Oh boy, did I cry.  I'm missing the cool air conditioned theater.  It's smoldering in my room and my bed is already damp with sweat.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the pool.  A last hurrah to try and beat the heat.  102 degrees with 70% humidity is starting to get on my last nerve.
Regardless of heat,  I've done almost everything I've wanted to do in Cambodia except ride a motorcycle.  Though, I plan on losing my motorbike 'V' this week.  I've chosen Mr. See (a friend of the volunteer house), to be my first.  He has a big motorbike and the other girls say he goes fast but he's safe...  I'll let you all know the details of how it goes. 

Now, time for sleep.  Time for sweet dreams about Leonardo DiCaprio and Mr. See?

1 comment:

  1. I dont think you are a weenie, hey better safe than sorry? anywho I would be pretty paranoid too, as for your motorbike "V" can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete