Sunday, April 8, 2012

A day to myself

Today, I woke up drenched in sweat.  And while that was no surprise, the fact that I was shiverring cold was.  My tummy hasn't been my best friend this past week.  Without going into too much detail, let's just say I've become very close with my toilet.  This morning however, was bad, so I decided to stay home.  I didn't want to scare the poor children with my loud and angry tummy sounds...

I'm going to stop drinking the water from the volunteer house.  They say it's filtered but I wonder when they last changed the filter.  For now, only bottled water will be quenching my thirst... and coke, coke will be fine...

Other than some sharp, tummy pain, my morning has been great.  I did some much needed laundry and hung it to dry in the sun.  It isn't too hot with my fan directly on me, so I can comfortably read on my bed.  I'm on the second Hunger Games book and so far I am rooting for Peeta. 

I called my granny and we had a nice conversation.  I think this last weekend had her freaked out so hopefully it helped hearing that I was fine.  After, I called my mom, only to find that my B.F.F Kelly was at my house!  We joked about how creepy it made her seem.  Good times.  Hearing everyone talk made me happy.  I miss home but even after all the crap that's occurred, I still love Cambodia.  I think it's a love/hate kind of relationship. 

I was sad that I wouldn't see my babies today but I think this day to myself is just what I needed.  I've been around people almost the entire time here so being an introvert has proven difficult.  After making a full recovery I will be ready for the last half of my trip.  20 more days!  Oh how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment