Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ryan Gosling in Cambodia

Ok, so Ryan Gosling isn't really in Cambodia but 6 of us volunteers are watching DRIVE.  This makes me happy.  Even though I am getting eaten alive by god knows how many bugs, Ryan Gosling in Cambodia makes this okay. 
The power went out around 5pm.  We ate dinner in the dark as the motos (motorcycles) and tuk tuks raced by.  The volunteers that have been here for a while gave us pointers.  I guess it is extremely hard to get an UNhappy ending massage here.  The power returned and we started the movie. 

My roommate Alexa and I get along quite well.  She is the same age as me and confirmed for me that gum is not allowed in Singapore.   We both chatted, complained about the heat and took midday naps.  I woke up drenched in sweat so I took a shower to cool down.  Even if the house had hot water, I wouldn't use it.  Tomorrow we are planning to explore the nearby markets and town.  Both of us agree that we need to buy better clothes and the markets will be the best place for this.  It amazes me how much... wait this is a good Gosling part.  Oh wow he's so dreamy.  Even Tim, my Aussie friend says Gosling is sexy.  Tim says, "Ryan Gosling is so fit."  Ok, what was I saying?  Right, It amazes me what a difference a day can make.  Yesterday seemed like the end of my life and today feels like the start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment